Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No meaning, no being

I've stopped seeing meaning, relevance in anything. Especially texts. Prose, poetry, gyaan...
Anything can be substantiated with logic. Anything can be bolstered with emotions. Then where does this leave a lost soul in a sea of words, ideas and fantasies? Where's meaning? where's life? where is the path and where is the goal? What is the purpose behind doing anything? Why am I here? What should I do? Why should I?

It is usually pretty easy for me to figure out what I don't like, what I dont want to do, what should not happen. But it is immeasurably difficult to arrive at what is good, what should happen, what I should be doing, what should I aim at. That's the justification for laziness. for inaction. But that indecision is also a decision. One that I did not take, but remained by default. Am I OK with it? No. Yet I remain stuck, struggling, trying and thinking all sorts of things. With no head nor tail. No fulcrum, no movement. And the world moves on. Life goes on.

No comments: